We envision the University of Maryland as a fully equitable community that strengthens agents of social justice and supports vibrant campus communities for people of diverse sexes, gender identities or expressions, and sexual orientations.
The LGBTQ+ Equity Center provides the campus with leadership and expertise in building a fully equitable community; strengthens and supports people of diverse sexes, gender identities or expressions, and sexual orientations; and develops visible and vibrant LGBTQ+ campus communities.
Campus Transformation toward a Fully Equitable Community for LGBTQ+ People
- Fully inclusive campus climate that embraces LGBTQ+ people and meets their needs
- Campus policies in support of LGBTQ+ people and procedures that enact those policies within relevant units
- Widespread and diverse dedicated resources in support of LGBTQ+ people
- Competency within each functional area for working effectively with LGBTQ+ people
LGBTQ+ Social Justice Leadership Development
- Staff and faculty campus-wide who lead their peers toward greater LGBTQ+ inclusion
- Effective student leadership to develop and sustain LGBTQ+ communities throughout the campus
LGBTQ+ Student and Community Development
- Sufficient incoming LGBTQ+ students to ensure a critical mass
- Retention, persistence, and graduation rates of LGBTQ+ students on par with or greater than the general student body
- Development of confident identities with a sense of belonging at the University
- Establishment of habits promoting wellness and resiliency
- Visible and vibrant LGBTQ+ communities throughout the campus