*Notice: Spring 2023 groups will be updated by February 15th*
- oSTEM: For LGBTQ+ students in STEM degree programs.
- Pride Alliance: A club supporting and advocating for LGBTQ+ people of the general UMD student population.
- QLA: Queer Leadership Accelerator is a club within the Robert H. Smith School of Business established for the purpose of cultivating and equipping queer leaders for professional excellence.
- Smith Pride Alliance: an affinity group for LGBTQ+ MBA students in the Smith School of Business.
- Greek Alliance: a student-run organization that encourages a culture of inclusion for LGBTQIA+ individuals within Greek Life. Greek Alliance also offers workshops to encourage chapters on how to make their spaces more inclusive for queer individuals.
- LGBTQ+ Students and Allies in Public Health: seeks to promote LGBTQ+ health equity, social justice, and anti-racism by engaging in research, advocacy, education, and leadership projects and initiatives at the UMD and beyond. Open to LGBTQ+ undergraduate and graduate students and allies.
Although all discussion groups are open to all students, we recognize that grad students sometimes feel out of place when groups are majority undergrad. If you are looking for a community, check out the LGBTQIA+ grad students' Facebook group.
Weekly Discussion Groups: Fall 2022
Nice Jewish Queers (NJQ)
UMD's Jewish, LGBTQ+ group on campus, is open to all denominations and identities!
Mondays 5pm - 6 pm in the LGBTQ+ Equity Center
(Except 9/26, 10/10, and 10/17 due to holidays)
Ace Space is a queer group welcoming to all on the aromantic/asexual spectrum!
Mondays 6 pm - 7 pm in the LGBTQ+ Equity Center
The Femme Alignment
The Femme Alignment is a space open to all queer and trans women, as well as gender non-conforming individuals.
Every other Tuesday 5pm - 6pm in the LGBTQ+ Equity Center
For transgender students and students questioning their gender. Inclusive of non-binary identities.
Wednesdays 5 pm - 6 pm in the LGBTQ+ Equity Center
ReBorn This Way
ReBorn This Way is a student group for all queer-identified Christians, including those struggling with or questioning their religious, gender, romantic, or sexual identities.
5 pm to 6 pm on Thursdays in the LGBTQ+ Equity Center.
Campus Queers and Allies (CQA)
(Campus Queers & Allies) is an LGBTQ+ student group here
at UMD. In our weekly meetings, we discuss topics relevant to the queer
community, and occasionally host game nights, movie nights, and more!
Fridays 5:15 pm - 6:15 pm in ESJ B 0320
Male Identified Queers (MIQ)
MIQ is a safe space for queer male-identified students to hang out and chat with each other. Join us for serious discussion, fun activities, and everything in between.
Meeting times and days vary.
Other LGBTQ+ Groups at UMD
We Skate at UMD
We Skate at UMD is a skate club created with the purpose of encouraging more women, non-binary, gender nonconforming, and LGBT Terps to skate! Our goal is to create a safe space in a community that can be very exclusive and intimidating. Skating is for everyone! Whether you have never stepped on a board, or you’re a veteran, we want to skate with you! We have monthly General Body Meetings (open to everyone) on the last Friday of every month, and we occasionally meet weekly to hang out, study, skate, or go on skatepark field trips on the weekends. Follow us on instagram @weskateumd for updates. Hope to see you on wheels soon.
Gaysians at UMD
Gaysians at UMD is an LGBTQ+ Asian student organization which seeks to create a supportive community for LGBTQ+ Asian students and allies. We hold General Board Meetings monthly on Mondays from 6-7PM to do fun activities! We also hold social events such as group thrifting, gaming, movie nights, etc. We host large-scale events such as April's Gaysians Festival. Instagram: @gaysiansumd.
Out in STEM
oSTEM at University of Maryland aims to empower and foster the growth of LGBTQIA+ students in or interested in the STEM fields. Not only do we offer a safe space to socialize and discuss intersectional issues in STEM, we also have professional development events throughout the semester. We are UMD’s Chapter of the National oSTEM Organization. Feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our mailing list.